bulles d'air - April 2011

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where is the Time?

Anyone that knows me knows that I've had a few jobs in my lifetime so far. No excuses, no specific reasons...I changed jobs for a variety of reasons: less money, but wanted the work experience; change of scenery; change of location; better opportunity to be mentored; better opportunity to learn; better opportunity to not be bored.

There were quite a few jobs where I would stare at the bottom right-hand corner of my desktop computer and watch the minutes go by...3:32 PM, 4:17 PM; 4:53 PM...could't wait until 5:00 PM and I was outta there. Mostly due to boredom. Well, not anymore. Now I hardly have time to be aware of the time; sometimes I forget which day of the week it is. I'm concentrating now and thinking that's it's Wednesday already..."hump day" as it is fondly called. I guess my week is 'downhill' from here on out; not really since Friday's have always been my favorite day of the week.

Which brings me to the discussion of TIME in general. Asked how someone is and I commonly hear "I'm busy". What does 'busy' mean? Busy with work, with a project, with your kids, hobbies, cleaning your house? Seems we are ALL busy. I'd prefer to not be so busy. To find the balance of time is a challenge. Work can easily take 50% of our day - from the time we get up out of bed, shower, travel to work, enjoy the work day and travel home. An easy 6am to 6pm kind of day. Add in an average of 8 hours of sleep and you are given a 'net' of 4 hours per day for personal activities which many times involve cooking and cleaning, driving kids, and writing blogs! (if you're lucky).

It is now 8:31PM on my computer clock...counting down the time until bedtime and all the things I still want to do tonight but know won't get done. I need more time. Perhaps an 8-day week; or 4-day work week....I think I'll spend some time thinking about this.

Be well....Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment